Monday, September 1, 2008

Read Carefully.....Writer's Block Ahead!!

Had heard of the term “writer’s block” a longtime back and laughed it of as a lame reason writer’s gave to take time off writing. I simply couldn’t understand this phenomenon where a person wished to write but couldn’t. But now when I am experiencing this phenomenon for the past few months I truly understand what it is all about. The mind stops thinking and the fingers refuse to type. Millions of thoughts run through your mind but it’s blank when you sit down to type.

Wikipedia says writer’s block can be closely related to depression or anxiety, which fits my bill perfectly. I have been experiencing both due to various reasons for sometime now.

To overcome this it’s suggested to practice “mindwriting” for sometime i.e. to write impulsively what comes to mind without being overtly worried about the quality of the output.

Well I am doing that and feel its working!!

1 comment:

Panda said...

hmm.. i would not call myself a writer but i think i have faced it.

On mindwritting: it was so easy when I blogged anonymously. i found it much more difficult as I made the blog public..